Saturday, April 14, 2007

Yay! Life!

I'm having my first sleepover in Japan!

I'm at my friend Yasu's house in Onishi cho and he's just gone to bed and told me to stay up as long as I like playing on the HDTV-Internet hookup because he'll wake me up in the morning before he sets off to the towel factory. He's set me up with a futon and a cozy room in his place for the night after inviting me along to a drinking party with the organizers of his town's sacred annual spring festival, which I will apparently be a key member of this year as we "transform into gods" and try to break each other's shrines and stand in five-man-high pillars on each other's heads wearing lion masks. Don't ask, man, I couldn't answer. Anyway though, I've got a really good friend and a "transform into a god" date, so tonight tunred out pretty well. This is even though I got stood up for a date and shit (to be fair, it got rescheduled to coffee in the afternoon tomorrow). Yasu is super cool; I think he's the most real person I've met since comig here, and I7m thrilled that he likes me too.

No comments: