Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I Got Flowers!

Tonight I had a birthday party! I know it's early (only by a week!) but tonight a bunch of people I know from the radio station had this big birthday dinner for me and three others, Aoi-chan, Maahk-san and To-kun who all have September birthdays and lots of nice people gave us presents! Yay party! I also got to sit next to Hazuki-chan, who, although she's apparently just been recently engaged to be married, is one of those "I will forever hold a candle in the window for you" kind of girls, and always makes my night feel special when I see her. And it was my birthday! Yaaay! AND SOMEONE GAVE ME FLOWERS!!!!!!!! I think this is the first time I have ever gotten flowers. I FEEL SO SPECIAL! They are pink roses with little green squiggly flowers all arranged around them. I know it's the silliest thing in the world, but it seriously makes me feel almost giggly with happiness. I got flowers! Yay Japan, where men can get flowers. Tonight when I was buying gifts for the others (flowers for Aoi chan and plants for Mark-san and To-kun) and the ladies were wrapping up the bouquet for Aoi chan I reminded them that the flowers were for boys and they said they'd wrap them appropriately...this apparently involved pink and peach colored paper and a lot of lacey ribbons that they made all curly with scissors. What?? The party was very laid back and super fun, and I'm happy to be in with these people again; we all had kind of a drifting apart over the summer. Anyway, here's my pictures of MY PRESENTS AND MY FLOWERS! YAAAAAAAY!
I got super nice smelling bath soap, hair gel gooey stuff that smells like grapefruits, a set of incredibly nice cups for Japanese tea, a reDICulous Pringles picture frame from someone who knew how funny it was, a really pretty candle holder with sea-glass sides to refract the light AND, BEST OF ALL (besides the flowers), a HAPPY MONKEY FM RADIO!
HAPPY MONKEY FM RADIO! HAPPY MONKEY FM RADIO!
I spent a great deal of the party saying IGOTAHAPPYMONKEYFMRADIO very excitedly. Some people were like, "wow, you must have really been hoping to get that Happy Monkey FM Radio." It is pretty amazing. It took me about thirty minutes of fiddling around with it at home to realize how to change the station, since there's not only no instructions, but also no discernable controls whatsoever. "So what," you think, "obviously, you just turn its arms around!" Oh touche; actually, you have to PUSH ITS EYES IN. So, so weird. O Japan, where men can receive hair curling products that smell like grapefruits and monkeys get poked in the eyes.

No comments: