Wednesday, February 4, 2004

Wow, I have been getting the best emails ever from people. Homefront, you rock my world. Everyone seems to have a little bit of very valuable insight to share, all things which I am glad to receive. Some highlights include:


"My advice is to stay away from whiskey porridge and tipsy laird. And hamburger, since it will inevitably be cooked into charred shoe leather. Also the things known as "margaritas." Extremely nasty."

"london = so exciting!"

"I for one am not delighted about the pub age there"

"Don't walk where ice is about to fall on you."

"The English certainly aren't the warmest folks you'll find. Go to Ireland and its a whole other kettle of fish."

"I think, Josh, that you need to find someone with a blender."

"Shopping tips: Americans go to Costco and buy enough food for the End Of Days: Europeans buy and eat."

"I'd say it's not flag house without you, but that would be lying, because we still have all the flags."

"If you see the queen, tell her I said hi and we should meet for tea."

“Whether she's just hanging out to be friendly or if she wants to make sweet love to you highlands-style, there's no telling.”

"I know we don't really have accents, but the Brits think we do, and sometimes think the accents are cute, so just roll with it and play it for what it's worth, aye?"

"Read early Samuel Beckett & listen to early Shane MacGowan while you're there"

"DON'T fall for anyone over there .... Just be a horn-dog and have a little fun."

"Did you buy limes to combat scurvy? good thinking. effin limey”

“take care in the land of the funny talking people.”

No comments: