Saturday, May 26, 2007

Image Respond


My pal John Tozzi tells me that he's also teaching himself image play using a pirated copy of Photoshop and a handy dandy book, and apparently he's making miles more progress than I am! Here's a dinosaur project he did. Good job John! Does anybody else have cool photoplayed images they've been working on? Send them in! It'll be a thing!

It should also get noted down for posterity when my awesome stencils are the next Friday night, that the whole thing started up thanks to times with Robin and her DIY, modge-podge sense of fun. Specifically, this came about from a procratinatey introduction to stencilrevolution.com in the King computer room when we were both immersed in crazy paper writing during a finals week in spring, too many years ago (boy, if I coulda majored in procrastinating I would have been at the top of the class). The stenciling never really went further than the computer room for me, but a while later Robin surprised me with this amazing stencil she made and gave to me, a very sweet photo of the two of us having times in London that she printed on brown cardboard in crisp black ink. It looks great, and it was just a really lovely gift--way high up there on the best presents ever list. It's even hanging up in my house right now, in a nice green frame right by the door (and was always a source of consternation for my last girlfriend, Sayo). So yeah, should my stencilized glory score me any big points in the future, the first few should get chalked up on the Times with Robin tally, for anyone who's keeping track. Yo it's cool, I'm happy to share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been very slowly learning photoshop as well, as I've become re-obsessed with my photography hobby in the past year. I finally threw a website up, and the header image was my latest photoshop project.

And hi! I still read this sometimes! I also got into JET and will be in shizuoka-ken by August.
Hope all is well,
Sarah