Thursday, June 22, 2006

That's a Signpost up ahead...

WRHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the sound of the screaming inside of my brain. I am in the Twilight Zone. I must be in the Twilight Zone. Rod Serling should be standing in my school’s staff room, invisibly explaining to you that I’ve just departed from the ordinary world I knew.

“One Mr. Joshua Bisker, who knows he is a stranger in a strange land: a member of the other, set in a world of samenesses. He’s come here to sound a new note in a dry, old score, to shout surprise and solace above the sinister symphony of similarities. But Mr. Bisker may be in for a shock to his own system, for the music of this world plays to a slightly different tune. That’s because today the rising sun shouts its song to one new face, in the Twilight Zone."

Then you get to watch the thought provoking story unfold as I go slowly insane from the inexplicable and unassimilable shift in a basic reality I’d taken for granted.

No comments: