Sunday, July 30, 2006

On the move

It goes like this:

Imabari to Toyo shi, by bicycle - I leave in ten minutes and my ETA at the Toyo Ferry Port is 9:15, give or take.

Overnight ferry to OOOOOOsaka. Arrive 6:30 AM, reach Shin-Osaka station by 7:30 (god willing) and board the first of a number of local trains to wend me up throught Honshu throughout the course of the day, arriving finally at Kanazawa city sometime in the afternoon. Unpack bicycle, affic baggage, look for shelter.

Explore Kanazawa and its surroundings by bike, two-three days.

Depart Kanazawa and head northwards, looping around the coastal highway that defines the edge of the idyllic Noto Han peninsula -- threeish days, all by bike. Sleeping in a tent.

Arrive back in OOOOOsaka on Saturday night in time to catch the return ferry, thus arriving back in Imabari in time to shower, straighten up, and meet a girl to watch the fireworks with on Sunday night, the 6th. I'ma see me some country.

And I'm off!

No comments: