Thursday, September 22, 2005

izz my birthday!!!!
i just got back home from an izakaya and a karaoke bar (my first in japan) with friends from the Tamagawa town office, Morking, Hiraoka, Hiroshi and some friends of theirs who i've presumably met before but have forgotten the names of. They gave me presents! They gave me three pairs of socks! 2 go-hon yuubi socks, 5-toed socks, which i had told them before that a japanese girl named Ayako had taught me the name of and i bought her a pair as a cute present when we went on a date (and she thought it was super cute) and one pair of tabi socks, the kind with the seperate big toe, and i'm wearing them right now and they're soft and super comfy and nice. And they got me a Yukata! a nice summer robe! the told me it was to sleep in and i sid i sleep naked and many of them were scandalized until some of the others revealed that they too sleep naked...scandal! Morike also drew me a picture and framed it, of a can of "Georgia Coffee" because that's how they all say my name, so he drew it as a can of "Joshua Coffee" and it's really sweet, and he gave me a can of the coffee to go along with it. Good friends i got here. And almost the whole night, no one including me spoke a word of English. Except for the Karaoke, of course, because Madonna and Frank Sinatra and Bobby Darin and Arrested Development just aren't the same in Nihongo. Now i gotta tak off my socks and g oto bed. Sleepy! School tomorrow! Love love,
-josh

No comments: